Manufacture de Digoin
The factory des Grès et Poteries de Digoin was at the beginning a hand-crafted and familial business found in 1875, along the central canal in Burgundy. Around 1900, the area of Digoin and Paray-le-Monial, known as the ‘Ceramic Valley’ – was home to about forty factories, each one had specific skills (making roof tiles, bricks, decorative tiles, etc.). Since 1875, craftspeople from Manufacture de Digoin have been shaping garden potteries made of stoneware. Their ambition is to perpetuate a legendary know-how.
Sleeping beauty for many years, the Manufacture came back to life in 2014, when Corinne Jourdain gathered investors to save the company. Her ambition was to perpetuate a historical expertise and to bring back to former glory those meaningful culinary objects.